Friday, July 31, 2009

Online Social Networking, Summer SALE

I've had a Facebook account for awhile, mostly for personal use. A colleague created a Facebook page for the store, and we had some success getting a group together for that. But yesterday, I really took the plunge. I began tweeting (via Twitter of course) and I set up my LinkedIn account. I contacted all of the people in my store and personal networks and quickly developed robust LinkedIn and Twitter networks. Then I connected Twitter with Facebook (though I'm still figuring that one out). One useful feature of LinkedIn is the option to "recommend" businesses and people you've had good experiences with, so I spent some time going through my contacts and giving recommendations where they were due. And in return, I got some recommendations of my own. Perhaps the best thing is I can now communicate with customers, potential customers and business partners more often and more efficiently. I'll let you know if this actually pays off in terms of new business. I imagine this is a longer-term process like most networking.

On another note we've extended our summer SALE through this SAT only -- 50% off gourmet gifts, 30% off spa gifts and Spartina handbags and beach accessories, 20% off gifts for babies and kids. We're getting ready for the new holiday inventory, folks, so take advantage of these great prices while the existing inventory lasts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment