Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Local Natural Bodycare Line

Here at the store, we cannot claim to carry only 100% natural bodycare products, although natural products are a personal interest of mine. Our product mix/spectrum features both long-time gift-industry standards and newer brands from smaller companies. When we first opened the store, one of the first bodycare lines we picked up was Plum Island Soap Company, a small natural bodycare product and soap maker in Newburyport, MA.


Maybe my own Plum Island Soap Company "rituals" will help illustrate why we love this line. Every night I apply their rich Lavender Hand Butter before going to bed, which is especially great at keeping hands soft during a harsh winter. When I want lip gloss, I reach for their Pink Grapefruit Lip Balm. In a heat wave (like the one we're having now!) I carry their Cool as a Cucumber spray to the beach or keep it with me when I'm gardening. Occasionally, I pamper my feet with their peppermint footcare line: Soothing Foot Soak, Salt and Sand Foot Scrub and Peppermint Foot Butter. When I want a little extra exfoliation in the shower, I reach for their Sweet Citrus Body Scrub. In the winter, when my skin is super dry, I like their Lavender Body Butter.


These products are long-lasting, nice-smelling, reasonably priced, and (in my experience) do what they say they will, but more importantly, I can read the ingredient list in 2 seconds and recognize all of it. From their website... The Plum Island Soap Co. offers a full line of naturally scented soaps and more than 20 different skin care products for bath, beauty & baby. It's products are made from only vegetable-based ingredients, herbs, pure essential oils & minerals.

Stop by our store and give it a try or call to order!

No comments:

Post a Comment